Tuesday 1 December 2009

Great end to 2009

Well, it was a great finish to 2009 - the Vasque RunFurther Party! I was really proud to have managed to win the ladies series (quite a close call with Nicky Spinks setting a ladies course record in the final race of the year) - but my extra 100 points for taking part in the Lakeland100 paid off. I just completed 4 races in the series (Calderdale 1st lady, Fellsman 3rd lady, Lakeland100 1st lady & Pulmlumon joint 3rd lady), but together with some adventure races & Elite LAMM it has felt like a pretty busy racing year for me. I guess the Lakeland100 was the highlight from the series for me -- one tough challenge!

The party/celebration part was once again at Wilfs (Stavely, Lakes) & it was great hearing about others tales of much more epic multi-day challenges (across the UK & in hot & cold places). It was also nice to chat to people who i have got to know this year doing some of the runfurther series races. Thanks to Karen for her hard work organising the event -- i would definitely recommend the party to everyone for next year.. whichever races out of the series you attempt!



Photo - testing out the 2010 Vasque Mindbender shoes at the Whinlatter off-road duathlon (run 5K, mountain bike 16k, run 5k) on the Sunday morning after the party. The Mindbender shoes are definitely worth looking out for next year - i really like them. I did all my runfurther races in my Vasque Blurs - which i find really comfortable for ultras. I think the Mindbender is going to be a great addition to the range - still a nice comfy and cushioned shoes, but with a lighter upper makes them better for general UK conditions (ie wet/mud!). Despite not being too sure about my mountain biking racing skills in a duathlon (OK in adventure races as you have to stop and navigate on them) - i managed to have a great morning and finish 1st lady - so topped off a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment