Monday 3 August 2009

Lakeland 100

Wow i made it!! Am really pleased & fantastic to set the inaugural women's course record. It was a tough wet first night but then a nice bright day for most of Saturday with some lovely Lakeland views and good running. The last 15 miles were a big struggle for me - in the dark and more rain.... was very relived to finish at 3.20am on Sunday morning in 31 hours 47 minutes (16th overall). There had been about a 100 starters and just 30 finishers.... it was definitely a tough race. Big thanks to my new running "buddy" - Drew - we had set off from Braithwaite checkpoint together at 4.30am on Saturday and stuck together for the rest of the race so that was fantastic & helped get me round. Also big thanks to my husband & parents who came and cheered me on & were there waiting for me at the finish in the middle of the night. Also a quick thanks to the race organisers & all the marshalls....it was a really well run event so thanks.




But i am still tired this evening, so a full race report will have to wait.... hopefully I'll get a report & a few piccies on here later this week if you are interested...

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Rachael!
    I hope your legs have forgiven you.
    Looking forward to the full race report...

    ReplyDelete